Network Visualization & Realtime Telemetry
NVRT eliminates the finger-pointing between broadcast & IT...
NVRT is a vendor-agnostic enterprise software suite designed to provide network and media telemetry from across all broadcast infrastructures including all-IP, hybrid IP-SDI, and WAN. NVRT is used to manage, monitor, and maintain media networks. It is a requirement for every ST 2110 network as it ensures the system is running smoothly and can proactively diagnose issues in real time. NVRT is an indispensable and reliable tool for Engineering, Operations, and System Integration
NVRT can answer the following questions:
- What is connected to the network right now?
- What media is routed currently across the network?
- Where did this multicast originate from where is it being received?
- What are the port bandwidth utilization and flow metrics for the trunk ports?
- Where are all the multicast transports routed currently across my network?
- What is the health of my PTP system, is PTP locked where expected?
- What is the multicast route history log for the network?
- Intelligent real-time network topology mapping and inventory management
- Network switch telemetry to simplify diagnostic investigation
- Identify and track multicast media, including path tracing across the network
- Monitor the health and availability of the entire PTP ecosystem
- VM or bare metal deployments accessed anywhere using secure web UI
Enhanced Network Visibility
NVRT automatically discovers the network and assets in real-time. NVRT details everything you need to know about the network, including each device’s network profile, PTP lock state, and connectivity status. Live auto-generated mapping makes it easy to understand the network architecture and dependencies. Avoid disruption by detecting changes in real-time plus receive notifications regarding intrusions and other network events.
Normalized Network Dashboard
NVRT leverages the power of network telemetry to produce modern easy-to-use dashboards to describe all of the essential details about every network device used. Simple and intuitive dashboards turn non-IT people into experts, displaying information that is needed in a clear and concise way. Diagnose issues faster and prevent lengthy downtime regardless of switch manufacturer.
Real-time Network Performance
NVRT improves network performance and increases availability by identifying anomalies on a port-by-port basis. NVRT provides real-time updates on transmit and receive bandwidth and aggregate data errors including: CRC errors, dropped & discarded packets, and collisions. NVRT enables the labeling of multicasts using static assignments or via integration with system orchestration software.
PTP System Monitoring
NVRT monitors the health of the PTP system to look for issues that can turn catastrophic for a media system. NVRT identifies the PTP clock tree, including the masters and boundary clocks and their relationship. NVRT also records PTP information including an offset from the master, mean path delay, and skew values, and provides alarms to warn of deviations from the norm.
Real-time Inventory Management
NVRT catalogs every asset discovered on the network making it possible to track down every detail about a system’s inventory. Built-in Elasticsearch makes it quick and easy to locate hardware and software on the network using any of the product’s attributes, including IP address, MAC address, hostname, manufacturer, and more. Add labels and groups to devices to make identifying device location and functional category easier.
Enhanced Network Security
NVRT provides detailed device network profiling and risk assessment making it simple to identify security gaps. First-of-its-kind network profile targeting makes it possible to detect changes in device configuration. Coupled with NVRT’s real-time network intrusion detection, NVRT enhances your overall network cybersecurity.
- Network switch hardware status and health monitoring
- Discovery and visibility of endpoints
- Flow visualization and streaming telemetry
- Flow monitoring and packet loss
- PTP management and monitoring
- Network statics
- Bandwidth heat mapping
- Security management
- Enhanced visibility: NVRT provides detailed information about the network, including device security, PTP, and connectivity status. Live auto-generated mapping makes it easy to understand the network architecture and dependencies. Avoid disruption by detecting changes in real-time plus receive notifications regarding intrusions and other network events.
- Improved network performance: NVRT can help identify and troubleshoot problems that may be related to the performance of the network itself, like bandwidth, data errors, IP address conflicts, and orphaned routes.
- Increased efficiency: NVRT can help automate many tasks, such as asset management, alarm monitoring, device configuration, and media tracing which saves time and improves productivity.
- NVRT is designed to be deployed on a COTS server or virtual machine and supports all sizes of networks including enterprise infrastructures.
- NVRT leverages HTML5 to present detailed dashboards that provide responsive real-time web updates using modern graphical design.
- NVRT gives you unprecedented visibility into your most critical operations from any location using a web browser.
- Although NVRT can be installed on any server or virtual machine that meets the minimum system requirements, we can also supply you with a preinstalled server.